Senior Director of Engineering – San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities
This senior management position requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations, who can communicate at all levels of management. This is a unique opportunity for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of independence, and can greatly influence scaling at the client with significant impact
- Own OS releases for all of TV products covering North America and international smart TVs
- Collaborate with multiple engineering, product and business teams to ensure high degree of alignment, ruthless prioritization in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Recruit, build, and manage a world-class SW and QA teams
- Continually look for opportunities to develop consistent, automated release and scaling process
- Define ambitious targets for the team in terms of efficiency goals and execute to them
- Introduce new technologies that are relevant to our products for validation
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management.
- Work with product managers, program managers, and other engineering leads – communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts company wide.
- 10+ years of experience in a software development leadership roles
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent (Master’s preferred).
- Proven track record of rolling out software at scale
- Extensive experience working with scaling of products and features
- Proven strong track record of shipping high-quality software on embedded platforms.
- Ability to see the big picture while focused on short-term objectives and deliverables.
- Ability to strategize, define and execute new initiatives with great energy and influence
- Proven ability to manage external vendors and partners.
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects with tight deadlines.